On Wednesday 05 August 2009 15:18:46 Eduardo Júnior wrote:
> what's the difference between smtp and smtps?
> According to what I read in [1], the difference is just the port where
> the daemon smtp listen

In the context you are asking, both are names for ports as defined in
your services(5) file (or other port name-to-number translation as
configured to use by your OS-provided libraries.)

$ getent services smtp
smtp                  25/tcp mail
$ getent services smtps
smtps                 465/tcp

> In smtps, all the information pass encrypted? Using key and cert
> from tags tls in main.cf?

SMTPS is a deprecated protocol for submission which uses SMTP over an
SSL-secured connection. New sites should have no need for it, simply
tell your users to use submission (587/tcp) with TLS.

http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_tls_wrappermode