Hi all,

In testing (and by reading the archives) I have found that postfix only
supports one level of wildcard SSL certificates. That is to say, I can get a
certificate for *.example.com that will match host1.example.com and
host2.example.com, but won't match mail.host1.example.com or
mail.host2.example.com.

Is there a particular reason behind this implementation, and is there any way
to work around it? I understand that  wildcard certs can be considered a
security risk, but is the risk really much greater if it includes a longer
hostname?

Thanks for your time!

Chris Simmons