On Monday 24 August 2009 12:43:16 Martijn de Munnik wrote:
> How can I write a message to syslog when a check_client_access
> rule matches?

See the WARN result. If you mean that you want to log and to trigger
some other action, do note that REJECT and DEFER results are logged
anyway. If you're wanting to log an accept action, you could make a
multiple result using a restriction class:
    http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_restriction_classes

(Technically I think restriction classes are not necessary for this;
similar results could be had from simply defining a restriction as a
variable in main.cf.)