On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 02:32:30PM +0000, Duncan B. wrote:

>>> Are you able to recommend any methods / tools to extract this information
>>> from the log files, Wietse, or is it just a case of writing a script to
>>> do
>>> so?
>>
>> I understand that you are actually doing from-to analysis: for
>> example, who sends mail to Yahoo that is getting stuck in the queue.
>>
>> In that case, "qshape -s" (statistics by sender domain) could help.
>> (Assuming that there is a relationship between sender domain and
>> sender IP address).
>>
>> Otherwise, a qshape option for stats by IP address might be an idea.
>

> I think a qshape option to view stats per IP address would be brilliant, if
> possible!!

The "qshape" script is relatively straight-forward, if somewhat
under-commented, Perl code. It would not be difficult to parse "attribute"
records and extract "client" information. Also useful could be stats
by the full sender address *with* the local part, so that an outbound
system administrator can pin-point the *user* causing congestion when
all senders have the same domain, but differ in the local-part of the
address.

--
        Viktor.