* Arora, Sumit <sumit.ar...@hp.com>:
> What I understand Postfix is a smtp server, it will also receive emails.

correct.

> What I need is, postfix to receive emails and my component will process
> those emails, i don't need to receive emails from my postfix server.

Postfix can do that for you.

Postfix basically runs out of the box. It will impersonate as your hosts
hostname unless you configure it differently and accept messages for users
that have an account on your server and will put them into
/var/mail/<username> unless you specify something else.

You could, for example, create an alias in (usually) /etc/aliases and pipe the
incoming message to a script. You could also write your own little SMTP server
and have Postfix send incoming messages to your server and it does whatever
you instruct it to do with the message.

You might need to configure the inet_interfaces parameter, since some OS
vendors set it to listen on localhost only.

But before I go on...

Tell us what the setup you need is and send us output from "postconf -n" and
we will be able to help you a lot better than now.

p...@rick