From: Paul Beard<mailto:paulbe...@gmail.com>
To: gc<mailto:gcam...@fighting-images.com>
Cc: <postfix-users@postfix.org><mailto:postfix-users@postfix.org>>
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 10:56 PM
Subject: Re: postfix relay - command line not working

.

On Oct 2, 2009, at 8:32 PM, "gc"
<gcam...@fighting-images.com<mailto:gcam...@fighting-images.com>> wrote:

ok so I am trying out this relay to another server via :

but when I enter the first line of code: postconf -e 'relayhost =
the return I get, not a new line, but:
bash: postconf: command not found

am i in the right place? currently at [r...@ip-xx-xx-xxx-xxx userid]

? thanks

Gerry

This is getting a bit off-topic as regards  postfix, being more to do with
shell commands and sysadmin skills.

That result means your command shell doesn't know where postconf is. Try:
'locate postconf' to find it. Then edit your PATH appropriately.

If you have a queue of mail you want to preserve, it might make sense to
archive that and arrange for your hosting provider to hold on to it. If you are
moving to a reprovisioned system, they could put it there. I don't know if
putting it in place and starting up postfix would cause it all to be (re) sent
or not.

--
If this was a real .signature it would be more interesting