On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Miguel Di Ciurcio Filho
<mig...@ic.unicamp.br> wrote:
> Reinaldo de Carvalho wrote:
>>
>> The sleep time grows cpu time consume and established connections.
>> Enforce no sleep time and a very low hard limit (to drop connection)
>> has better performace.
>>

> How an almost halt process, doing nothing could possibly consume any
> relevant CPU time or bandwidth?

The process scheduler give a time for each process and the processor
context switch is expensive. If you have hundreds of processes (you'll
have because a high sleep time) can consume all resources.

In my opinion, drop the connection and use a tool to block networks on
firewall level is a better approach.

--
Reinaldo de Carvalho
http://korreio.sf.net

"Don't try to adapt the software to the way you work, but rather
yourself to the way the software works" (myself)