* Dan Schaefer <d...@performanceadmin.com>:
> This has been a problem from day one of my postfix installation. I
> get the following error in my maillog:
>
> postfix/smtpd[1088]: warning: SASL authentication problem: unable to
> open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: No such file or directory

a) you configured Cyrus SASL to use the auxprop_plugin: sasldb, but libsasl
   fails to find the database at /etc/sasldb2.
b) you configured Cyrus SASL to use anything else but the auxprop_plugin:
   sasldb, but the plugin name you provided is unknown to Cyrus SASL causing
   libsasl to search for /etc/sasldb2 as a fallback resort
c) you configured SMTP AUTH in Postfix's main.cf, but you did not provide a
   smtpd.conf to configure Cyrus SASLs part in the authentication process. As
   a result libsasl searches for /etc/sasldb2 as a fallback authentication
   database.

If none of the alternatives above matches, send output from "saslfinger -s".

p...@rick

justified.

saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):