On 14.10.2009 19:20, Michael Tokarev wrote:
Alexander Hoogerhuis wrote:
I've just sent a long time looking at a problem a user alterted me to.
There was an issue receiving emails from a sepcific sender, and it was
clear that is was somehow blocked by SBL:

NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[1.2.3.4]: 554 5.7.1
<sen...@domain.com>: Sender address rejected:
http://www.spamhaus.org/SBL/sbl.lasso?query=;
from=<sen...@domain.com> to=<al...@boxed.no> proto=ESMTP
helo=<domain.com>

Note WHAT has been rejected by your postfix.
It's SENDER ADDRESS, not CLIENT HOST.

Yup, I see that now. And understand less. As far as I can read, the SBL list is only a list of IPs, and that is explicitly referred to in the log?

You're using reject_rhsbl_sender somewhere.

"grep reject_rhsbl_sender /etc/postfix/*" returns nothing.

But some nice looking around fond the critter now that you got me on the right track. Basically we use Cymry's bogon network list, and was checking for sender's MX's in that list, and this sender has publically listed an MX within IP 10.0.0.0/8.

How that error message got into that map is a different story.

Now all I need to do is to convince most ISPs in Europe to route 10/8 so I can speak to the sender's secondary MX... >:]

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, like always, any obvious solution will materialise within 10 minutes of mailing a public list. :)

/mjt

-A