Dennis Putnam wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. It appears this is not supported with my version
> of Postfix (2.1.5). When I try this syntax:
>
> smtpd_helo_restrictions =
>         check_client_access pcre:/etc/postfix/heloaccept.pcre
>
> I get this error:
>
> fatal: unsupported dictionary type: pcre

On a Debian type system this is packaged separately:

# apt-cache search postfix
[snip]
postfix - High-performance mail transport agent
postfix-cdb - CDB map support for Postfix
postfix-dev - Loadable modules development environment for Postfix
postfix-doc - Documentation for Postfix
postfix-gld - greylisting daemon for postfix, written in C, uses MySQL
postfix-ldap - LDAP map support for Postfix
postfix-mysql - MySQL map support for Postfix
postfix-pcre - PCRE map support for Postfix
postfix-pgsql - PostgreSQL map support for Postfix
[snip]

I guess you should install the missing package on your system.

HTH,
Mikael