devel anaconda put forth on 11/5/2009 5:19 PM:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I have a high-performance server (dual quad-core Xeon 2.8Ghz + 16GB RAM +
> 2SCSI disks 140Gb), RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.4, software RAID1 + Postfix
> 2.5.9.
> This server serves only smtp traffic. The only thing postfix should do -
> receive mails for one user and send it to local script via pipe. Like this:

How many free (empty) SCSI disk bays do you have in this server?  Is it
a 1U server chassis?  Post the make/model of the server please, or
preferably a link to a photo of the server on the manufacturer's
website.  The answer to this may or may not limit your options in
increasing your disk throughput, and thus solving your problem.

If it's a 1U server, I can tell you already that you are screwed, and
that you need a bigger chassis with more SCSI/SAS disk bays, at least 8
disks given your load of 250-300 msgs/sec.

--
Stan