On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Eero Volotinen <eero.voloti...@iki.fi> wrote:
> Rick Zeman wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Eero Volotinen <eero.voloti...@iki.fi>
>> wrote:

>>> Maybe you can still use dovecot on different port for sasl? If not then
>>> you
>>> need the ugly cyrus setup?
>>
>> I can't even do the ugly cyrus setup.  saslpasswd2 segfaults on me.
>>

> Well. then you need to use dovecot? I think you can disable imap from
> dovecot and use only authentication socket using postfix?
>
> Then just create some local users (using adduser+passwd) for sasl and
> configure authentication to mobile phone using created accounts?

      AFAIK, there is a line (protocols) on the top of dovecot.conf
that tells it if it is going to do imap or pop. So, if you disable
that, you should be good. You will also need something like

  socket listen {
     client {
        path = /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
        mode = 0660
        user = postfix
        group = postfix
     }
  }

 in dovecot.conf. But I am digressing... =)

FYI, cyrus-sasl drove me nuts...