Quoting Laurence Moughan <laurence.moug...@aerlingus.com>:

Hi all,

Someo of my mail destinations failing, due to unable to find mx,

However when i DIG i see the mx record, but has a typo ( the remote needs to fix thier dns )

My postfix fails to find an mx

(Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=EUROCOMMERCE.IE type=MX: Host not found, try again)
                                         alan.wy...@eurocommerce.ie

My postfix is 2.2 - do later postfix release cater for remote dns typos of this kind ?

My oiffice mail server ( groupwise ) seems to be able to cope with the typo and find mx, just my postfix server fails.

Err. Ask remote to fix dns server or if you want ugly hack, then run that zone on your own dns..

--
Eero