I get the impression everyone's barking up the wrong tree. Not
surprising, given that the tcp table type is documented thusly: "This
protocol is not available in the stable Postfix release".

2009/11/17 Dhiraj Chatpar <dchat...@gmail.com>:
> I using Centos now.. and this is the output
>
> [r...@lsdinkindia ~]# postconf -m
> btree
> cidr
> environ
> hash
> nis
> proxy
> regexp
> static
> unix
>
> It does not show tcp. How do i get the tcp activated on this centos machine
> as it alwayz used to be there on my ubuntu machine by default?

Dhiraj, when asking for help it's best to show us the output of
`postconf -n` so we can understand the configuration of your machine,
and also describe what you're trying to do. If it's not working as
you'd expect, tell us what you expect, and what you're seeing. You've
posted log entries, which is great.

The stock Centos/RHEL packages are hopelessly sparse; as far as I know
there's no simple way to get tcp table support. There's a package in
the CentosPlus repo that will give you DB lookup tables
(http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/centosplus/x86_64/RPMS/postfix-2.3.3-2.1.centos.mysql_pgsql.x86_64.rpm)
but that's as far as you can go without 3rd-party packages.

I believe Simon Mudd builds RPMs that contain more up-to-date versions
of Postfix, but I've never used them - they *may* have tcp table
support, you'll have to check for yourself:
http://postfix.wl0.org/en/available-packages/

The reason it's on your ubuntu machine is because it was compiled with
that option enabled. Eg.:
r...@shimako:~# postconf -m
btree
cidr
environ
hash
nis
proxy
regexp
sdbm
static
tcp
unix

sdbm and tcp aren't listed in the Centos output. There are also
additional ubuntu packages for cdb, ldap, mysql, pcre and pgsql
support. If you have the choice, you may be better off moving to
ubuntu/debian for your mailserver.