On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 09:11:06PM -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:

> [ Robust/neat idea to support sender dependent transport selection. ]

> sender_dependent_default_transport_maps (default: empty)
>        A sender-dependent override for the global default_transport  parameter
>        setting.  The  tables  are  searched by the envelope sender address and
>        @domain. A lookup result of DUNNO terminates the search  without  over-
>        riding  the  global default_transport parameter setting.  This informa-
>        tion is overruled with the transport(5) table.

Is "DUNNO" the right choice here? This is not an access(5) table, and
"DUNNO" may muddy the user's understanding or expectations? If we really
want to allow one to make exceptions for specific users or sub-domains
without explicitly specifying the default transport, I think that:

        except.example.com      DEFAULT
        example.com             transport:nexthop

or perhaps

        except.example.com      :
        example.com             transport:nexthop

is even intuitive, with the latter choice matching similar behaviour
in transport(5).

--
        Viktor.