freebsd 7.2
mail_version = 2.7-20091008

out of 6 postscreen machines, I've got one that every 20 or 30 minutes just
halts, port 25 is dead (several monit agents see it dead), then it starts off
by itself after a few minutes, dumping a bunch of these in maillog:

warning: postscreen_dnsbl_query: connect to dnsblog service: Connection refused

master:

dnsblog   unix   -       -       n       -       0      dnsblog
smtp      inet   n       -       -       -       1       postscreen
smtpd     pass   -       -       -       -        200      smtpd

main:

postscreen_blacklist_networks =
 mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/mysql-mta_clients_reactive_b.cf
postscreen_blacklist_action = drop

postscreen_cache_map = btree:$data_directory/ps_cache
postscreen_cache_ttl = 1d

postscreen_dnsbl_action = drop
postscreen_dnsbl_sites =
 zen.spamhaus.org,
 b.barracudacentral.org,
 ix.dnsbl.manitu.net

postscreen_greet_action = drop
postscreen_greet_banner = $smtpd_banner
postscreen_greet_wait = 10s

postscreen_hangup_action = drop

postscreen_post_queue_limit = $default_process_limit
postscreen_pre_queue_limit = $default_process_limit

postscreen_whitelist_networks =
 $mynetworks,
 mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/mysql-mta_clients_w.cf

congrats on the great innovation of postscreen. Extremely effective

request: add a param so that we can specify a dnsbl rank = x where the IP must
have x RBL hits to provoke drop.

Len

IMGate OpenSource Mail Firewall www.IMGate.net