-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:08:46 -0500
> Von: Carlos Williams <carlosw...@gmail.com>
> An: postfix users list <postfix-users@postfix.org>
> Betreff: Should Anyone Be Able To Send Telnet Email

> I was just thinking today that if anyone knew a valid email address on
> my Postfix mail server, anyone could simply telnet to it (assuming
> they're on a trusted network / mynetworks) and send mail posed as that
> valid email address. I know this is not a huge security deal since
> it's come from a client listed in the mynetworks parameter but
> sometimes we have not so nice people we are forced to trust. Does this
> sound correct to anyone here? Normally on any mail client you need a
> username / password to send / receive email for a specific user but in
> the case of Telnet or just sending, it appears this is not required.
> Is there something I over looked?

I don't allow that kind of things except on localhost/127.0.0.1 where Postfix
is running. All other attempts to send in the name of a user for which my
Postfix system is responsible will result in a error.

For example:
-----------------------------
theia ~ # telnet 192.168.0.78 25
Trying 192.168.0.78...
Connected to 192.168.0.78.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 nyx.mydomain.tld ESMTP Postfix (2.6.5)
ehlo theia.mydomain.tld
250-nyx.mydomain.tld
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 52428800
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5
250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250 DSN
mail from:<postmas...@mydomain.tld>
553 5.7.1 <postmas...@mydomain.tld>: Sender address rejected: not logged in
rset
250 2.0.0 Ok
quit
221 2.0.0 Bye
Connection closed by foreign host.
theia ~ #

To have that you could use "reject_sender_login_mismatch".

I have not directly used that this statement in smtpd_mumble_restrictions. I
use a lookup map in which I check some exceptions and if client/sender is
passing the exception then nothing is happening. Every one else gets
"reject_sender_login_mismatch" as an result. This allows me to have
reject_sender_login_mismatch but still have the possibility to add exceptions
if needed.

// Steve