* Jan Lühr <postfix-l...@stephan.homeunix.net>:
> Hello,
>
> On Sunday 06 December 2009 15:07:49 Wietse Venema wrote:
> > Jan Luehr:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I've some trouble using ldap aliases. My settings are:
> > >
> > > server_host = localhost
> > > search_base = dc=oknw
> > > bind_dn = uid=postfix,cn=staff,dc=oknw
> > > bind_pw = XXX
> > > version = 3
> > > query_filter =  (&(mail=%s)(objectClass=mailAccount))
> > > result_attribute = forward
> > >
> > > Postfix is: 2.5.5 (Debian GNU/Linux)
> > > My itention is, that all valid mail aliases have mail=%s set. Furthermore
> > > forward: points to its destination.
> > >
> > > Lets assume there is test.forw...@v50993.topnetworks.de
> > > http://pastie.org/730216
> > >
> > > If I try to write an E-Mail to him, it bounces. slapd / postfix logs:
> > > http://pastie.org/730229
> >
> (...)
> >
> > The LDAP server found a record for "test.forw...@v50993.topnetworks.de".
> (...)
> > The LDAP server found no record for "test.forward".
>
> yep - that's true. But the point is: why is postfix searching for
> test.forward
> instead of test.forw...@v50993.topnetworks.de at all?
>
> It took me some time to figure out, that v50933.topnetworks.de was specified
> in mydestinations (main.cf) and not in virtual_alias_domains
> By that, the domain part was striped in the 2nd query.
> Issue solved ;-).
> (However, this is a little bit confusing since one configuration leads to two
> different queries. Is it a bug?)

Everything in mydestinations is considered to be a local domain. In a local
domain you know the domain and only need to search for the localpart e.g.
test.forward.

This changes as soon as you move the query to a virtual_MUMBLE_domain. Then
there may be several domains and you need to take that into account when you
query. That's why you see queries for test.forw...@v50993.topnetworks.de as
soon as your query the map within the context of virtual_alias_domains.

To sum up: It's not a bug. It's intended behaviour.

p...@rick

justified.

saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):