/dev/rob0:
> On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 09:00:25PM +0100, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> > * Christopher Adams <adam...@gmail.com>:
> > > my system. I am using header_checks to do that.
> >
> > Why? Wouldn't check_sender_access be more appropriate?
>
> In this case, no, because the mail was submitted via sendmail(1) by
> UID 552. Perhaps authorized_submit_users is the best solution to the
> real-world problem here. Note that the OP did not describe that, so
> we're limited to guessing.
>
> > >  /^From: testm...@library.state.or.us / REJECT
>
> A couple more comments to augment what Ralf said: first, "." is a
> PCRE/regexp metacharacter, as "@" is in PCRE. Those should be
> escaped.
>
> Second, I am not sure what happens with "REJECT" for sendmail
> submission; it seems to be mostly applicable in smtpd(8) context.

The Postfix cleanup daemon creates a bounce message, by using the
same built-in mechanism that Postfix delivery agents use.

This adds some complexity to the Postfix cleanup daemon. For example
Postfix can't simply bounce the unfiltered message to the purported
sender, as that would create an opportunity to send unfiltered email.