Thanks Martijn, but if the SASL user gets put into the headers, then
doesn't that just meant that the recipient will see who the message came
from, rather than the administrator - me?

Yes but you said:

"...I started seeing a huge number of rejected emails in the deferred queue..."

If the SASL authenticated user is added to the Received header you can see which account was used. This will only work, of course, for mail still in the queue (like the deferred queue you mentioned).

I was under the impression that you already tried matching the Queue IDs.

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers

--
Djigzo open source email encryption