On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 09:44:53AM +0200, Stefan Palme wrote:

> Currently the "other server" will be down (for a long time - at
> least more than the default "maximal_queue_lifetime"). Because
> of this, I want all mails that would normally go to relay.other.server
> to be put ON HOLD.

You need to create a Postfix instance that holds all mail, and route
(transport table entry) mail for this domain to the SMTP port (loopback
port) of this new instance. Install the real transport entry in that
instance, but HOLD all mail.

    http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html
    http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html

--
        Viktor.

environment.  If you are interested, please drop me a note.