On 24 Apr 2010, at 13:57, Wietse Venema wrote:
Sabahattin Gucukoglu:
>> I'm setting up Postfix 2.6, speculatively, reading through the
>> documentation and building my configuration.  It appears that the
>> scenario I want is somewhere between virtual and local deliveries.
>>
>> What I want to do: .forward support, /etc/aliases support, detail
>> address (user-foo) support.
>>
>> What I do not want: mail being delivered or accepted to bin,
>> daemon, and other nonsense.
>>
>> The machine is only serving me and my services, all implemented
>> as aliases.  My alias is not equal to my username, which itself
>> doesn't get mail and doesn't want it, thank you very much.
>> Therefore, everything is an alias, there will never be, and I
>> don't want, deliveries for non-alias or non-.forward-style deliveries
>> referenced through an alias.
>>
>> Can somebody explain if there is some right way to do this?  Am
>> I even thinking along the right lines?  Perhaps I should implement
>> this another way.  Right now I would be using local(8) and access
>
> I recommend that you make a distinction between "inside" and
> "outside" views.
>
> - For the "inside" view, alias all system accounts (bin, daemon,
> etc) to the "primary" user. You don't want to throw away mail that
> is related to activity by local processes.
>
> - For the "outside" view, set local_recipient_maps to a table that
> lists only accounts that are to supposed to receive mail from
> outside the machine. There is no legitimate reason to send mail to
> (bin, daemon, etc) from outside.
>
> /etc/postfix/main.cf:
>    local_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/local
>
> /etc/postfix/local:
>    # bare username, not u...@domain
>    foo        whatever
>    bar whatever
>
> Where "whatever" can be any non-empty string.
>
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#local_recipient_maps
> http://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html#lists

Okay, this looks great, but I have clearly missed a beat here, that check is
being done in smtpd.  Does this mean that recipient_delimiter is checked in
smtpd as well as in the delivery agent itself?  That's how
LOCAL_RECIPIENT_README looks to me.  Because if it does, I'm made. :-)  I'm
clearly spoiled, coming from sendmail.

Cheers,
Sabahattin