> It seems pretty straight forward to me.
>
> If you dont have any non-local users sending mail using this server you
> could just shut down port 25. For those virtual-file id users use port
> 587 with smtp authentication.Forwarding for those users is not relevant
> here.

Hello,
I was assuming this would be pretty easy, I'm a little surprised and
now messing with this amavid-wtf....

I can't shut down port 25, since we accept mail for sites and forward
it offsite.
I don't have any users sending mail via our SMTP, they all use gmail
boxes and their servers.
I only want to accept mail that is to an address listed in some file
somewhere, like /etc/postfix/virtual OR is sent by the local host.

What's really interesting is my spam fests are normally preceeded by a
/var with no free inodes left due to disk errors.  100% usage till I
run fsck on it.

I have to figure who ever is doing this crap obviously is targeting
postfix and probably reads these same lists.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, I tried them ...