On Friday 11 June 2010 13:30:44 Curtis Maurand wrote:
> currently I have  in my smtpd_client_restrictions:  ...
> reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org, reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
> permit
>
> Is flat out rejecting clients on the RBL's considered too agressive?
> should I just let spamassassin handle this and score accordingly?

It is a policy issue - there is no right answer - does it work for you?

I include flat reject on zen.spamhaus.org on some servers without unacceptable
(for us) false positive rate (Spamhaus are good at listing mostly spammers).

Main issue I see with zen.spamhaus.org is some persistent spammers who
presumably are clean in parts, or otherwise difficult for Spamhaus to list
(suing them?).

I can't comment on bl.spamcop.net, but I'd expect it to have more false
positives based on the description provided, so a weighted use of this is
probably sensible.

I'd stick it in with warn_if_reject and measure the false positive rate, and
benefit if any over existing lists I use. Block lists don't add nicely --
they may well include the same spam sources but tend to disagree over their
mistakes, so you get addition of mistakes but overlap on the correct answers
meaning the returns may diminish quickly.