On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 11:41:12AM +0200, Dragan Zubac wrote:

> I start both instances by issuing the following commands :
>
> postfix -c /etc/postfix start
> postfix -c /etc/postfix-second start

Each is stopped by issuing:

        postfix -c "$config_directory" stop

or via the postmulti(1) wrapper with Postfix 2.6 or later, which
can stop/start multiple instances via just "postfix start" and
"postfix stop" (no -c arguments). Recent Postfix versions also
support "postfix status" which shows the pid of each instance,
(but non-syslog output is suppressed when not a terminal...)

> Is there any Postfix way of uniquely distinguish between running
> multiply instances of Postfix ? Or maybe some configurable option how to
> name the 'master' process ,like 'master-second' ,'master-third' ,thus be
> able to uniquely distinguish between them ?

        postmulti -i postfix-first -p start
        postmulti -i postfix-first -p status
        postmulti -i postfix-first -p stop

        postmulti -i postfix-second -p start