On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 01:34:45PM -0500, Jeff Sherk Forerunner Ministries
wrote:

>> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html
>
> Ok reading that doc, it looks like ${default_database_type} and
> $default_database_type are identical then?

Almost: ${foo}bar is not the same as $foobar or ${foobar}.

> And as far as ${indexed}generic , I am assuming that it becomes $generic
> because there is no indexed variable defined?

No, in MULTI_INSTANCE_README, "indexed" is defined just before ${indexed}
is used. In fact you quated that very definition up-thread. More attentive
reading will obviate needless questions to this list.

--
        Viktor.