On 2010-06-22 8:47 AM, Victoriano Giralt wrote:
> On 22/6/10 12:54, Charles Marcus wrote:
>> On 2010-06-22 2:18 AM, Victoriano Giralt wrote:
>>> If you manage to cut them before they hit any real address you avoid
>>> crud entering your user's mailboxes.

> We DO recipient validation. I'm talking about cutting off the client
> before they hit a good one. The point I was making is that if you use
> something like fail2ban that detect an IP address that is doing a
> dictionary attack, and block the connection you reduce the probability
> of finding a recipient that will get validated.

Ahh... you are attempting to hide your valid recipients. Security
through obscurity is a waste of time and resources imo.

I use fail2ban, but only to block hack attempts... I don't care much
about someone finding out who the valid recipients are, I'm much more
concerned with someone trying to crack a password...

> We are not allowed to filter mail (except viruses) by policy. So we
> need other anti spam meassures, once we accept mail we MUST deliver
> it (except for viruses).

That's what I meant - add an after-queue filter and TAG+Deliver it. Use
sieve to deliver it to a Spam folder if desired.

--

Best regards,

Charles