* Stan Hoeppner <s...@hardwarefreak.com>:
> Michael put forth on 6/24/2010 3:07 AM:
> > I want to be able to monitor SASL users to get quick notification if
> > something
> > is out of the ordinary - like a spammer using a compromised account to send
> > emails.
> >
> > What tool(s) can be used to achieve this?
>
> Given the nature of your requirement, you're probably not going to find a
> Postfix tool or set of tools that will "notify" you when an account has been
> hijacked.  How would software be able to determine when a user password has

Maybe he will. The OP could install the policyd policy server (v1) and impose
sender restrictions von sasl authenticated senders.

If that is heavyweight, the OP can write a small policy service that tracks
SASL authenticated users, the message volume and trigger an alarm when an
account goes beyond 'normal', where 'normal' is either a global or
user-specific threshold or a value learned by messaging habit observation.

p...@rick

justified.

saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):