On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 08:37:14AM +0200, Stefan Foerster wrote:

> * Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org>:
> > Avinash Pawar // Viva:
> > > I want to give priority to each outbound email and as per priority email
> > > will be sent.
> >
> > There is no priority support in Postfix.  Postfix uses a shared
> > queue by design.
> >
> > Instead of making Postfix more complex, you could use different
> > Postfix instances. Using a university as an example, that would be
> > one Postfix instance for the professors and one for the students.

More importantly, to the extent that Postfix does support separate
logical queues, it is by destination, not sender, so while inbound
mail (unlikely to incur delays on a well maintained server) can have
higher priority for some local users over others, outbound mail is
not queued by sender. To accomplish sender-based priority, one needs
separate Postfix instances for senders that rate a higher class of
service.

--
        Viktor.