On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 09:36:48AM +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been running postfix as my MTA for many years. Recently I
> upgraded my main server and now I cannot send mail anymore.
>
> The system is running Fedora 13, with postfix 2.7.0
> (postfix-2.7.0-1.fc13.i686). My previous version of postfix was 2.5.
> I have a LAN with local DNS that is connected via ADSL to the
> internet. As far as the outside world concerns there's only a single
> host connected. The output of 'postconf -n' is attached at the end of
> this message.
>
> The problem: although I have configured
>
>   mydomain = squirrel.nl
>   myorigin = squirrel.nl
>
>   > MAIL FROM:<j...@phoenix.squirrel.nl> SIZE=694

Postfix only uses myorigin to qualify *bare* email addresses. If the
application that submits the mail into Postfix (via SMTP or sendmail(1))
already specified a domain name, Postfix is not going to change that
by default.

    http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html
    http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#myorigin
    http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
    http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_generic_maps

You can also use masquerade_domains, but my personal view is that this
mechanism (like other wild-card rewrites) is a legacy that plays poorly
with recipient validation, and is difficult to use correctly on an
integrated gateway that handles mail to and from the Internet.

--
        Viktor.