On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 06:17:52AM +0200, Stefan Foerster wrote:

> * Victor Duchovni <victor.ducho...@morganstanley.com>:
> > On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 12:14:17PM +0200, Stefan Foerster wrote:
> >
> > > Given: A dedicated Postfix instance, configured to accept mails from
> > > SASL authenticated users. It seems that unlike access(5) maps, the
> > > lookup for smtpd_sender_login_maps for addresses which contain
> > > $recipient_delimiter is not tried at all without the extension:
> >
> > This is false. Exactly the same code handles access table lookups as
> > sender login lookups, only the interpretation of the results is different.
>
> This is in no way meant as an "ad hominem" attack, but while the above
> is probably 100% correct, it is neither helpful nor purposeful.

If you have specified a recipient delimiter, the smtpd(8) server
will use the sender address with and without the extension. This is
true at least as far back as Postfix 2.5.

Feel free to post "smtpd -v" or "debug_peer_list" verbose logging
to prove otherwise. The logs of which queries are made look
(system-dependent) like:

    postfix/smtpd[pid]: maps_find: ...

> > Partial key lookups are not implemented in postmap, which performs
> > exactly the requested query. Your test is invalid.
>
> I could have shown you the whole database, and the queries.

That's nice, by the lookup code path is still the same... Only the
parsing of the lookup result is different.

--
        Viktor.