On 07/22/2010 05:22 AM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:16:04PM +0200, Bas Mevissen wrote:
>

>> Can you try what happens if you replace at
>>
>> typedef struct LOCAL_STATE {
>>     int level;                /* nesting level, for logging */
>>     DELIVER_ATTR msg_attr;    /* message/recipient attributes */
>>     DELIVER_REQUEST *request; /* as from queue manager */
>> } LOCAL_STATE;
>>

>> the first line with:
>>
>> typedef struct local_state {
>>
>> in virtual.h and same for DELIVER_ATTR and DELIVER_REQUEST?
>>
>> The difference is that the symbol LOCAL_STATE is now only used once.
>> Most coding standards forbid to define a symbol more than once.
>>
> The local(8) and virtual(8) servers are separately compiled
> programs (the latter being a stripped down version of the former).
> The header files in question are not used in the same compilation
> unit, and so this suggestion is not productive.

Ah, even more fun. Using a different typedef with the same name all over
the source tree.
I would never recommend someone to have a global symbol redefined in the
same source tree. Even if it are different applications as in this case.

Anyway, my remarks is still valid if you change file local.h instead of
virtual.h.

--
Bas