On 23/07/2010 13:37, Wietse Venema wrote:
Mark Goodge:

What I need to do is configure A so that mail destined for B is stored
indefinitely (well, for a few days, at least) without generating NDRs or
attempted delivery notifications, so that when B comes back online all
the stored mail can be delivered and none of the senders will have
received any bounces or delay notifications.

Consider temporarily increasing the bounce_queue_lifetime and
maximal_queue_lifetime.

This requires "postfix reload" as the life times are implemented
in the queue manager which normally runs forever.

Thanks. That looks to be precisely what I need. In fact, the defaults should be OK, since we should have the internal server accepting mail again within 5 days, but it's worth noting this in case that turns out not to be achievable.

Mark
--
http://mark.goodge.co.uk