Thanks for taking the time to try to assist my limited brain in
understanding this Noel. It is frustrating, because I thought I at least
had a decent handle on how these checks worked...

Noel Jones wrote:
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions is not the last section; the message
> still must pass smtpd_data_restrictions and
> smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions.
>
> If you've specified smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=yes, that check
> is also after smtpd_recipient_restrictions.

Since smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=yes is the default, it happens
after the recipient_restrictions *without* my having to specify it, right?

Hmmm... maybe this is the source of my confusion.

Based on this comment, now I'm guessing that there must be other checks
like this that occur at (some/all of?) the other stages/sections that I
am unaware of because they are the default action...? That would
actually make sense (and I guess I can see how you might have assumed
that I already knew this). If this is so, are these default checks
documented somewhere - preferably in one place, so I don't have to try
to read dozens of pages of complex docs to try to cobble them all
together? I'm not lazy, but I get headaches when reading postfix docs
for too long - not because they are bad, but because much of it is over
my head... ;)

Thanks again Noel...

--

Best regards,