Dear list,

I would be grateful for some input and confirmation about how
smtp_tls_policy_maps works. The documentation are a bit obscure on
the matter, and the results of my experimentation aren't perfectly
clear to me.

I found that smtp_tls_policy_maps is not necessarily indexed by the
"next-hop destination": in cases when there is no explicit next-hop
defined in $transport_maps or $relayhost (and hence DNS would be
asked for the MXs), the policy map is searched for the recipient's
domain instead. This is probably done because DNS cannot generally
be trusted, and the only information that can be trusted is the
recipient domain.

Can you confirm this?

I have not found a way to override this behaviour (i.e. if DNSSEC is
being used). Do you know of one?

always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

spamtraps: madduck.bo...@madduck.net