Is there any known policy server or add-on, that will change the tempfail action after a couple of hours, for things like reject_unknown_client_hostname and reject_unknown_client_hostname?

Sending a reject has problems. I don't want to flat out reject, based on a temp error. Sending a 450 has problems. Some sender clients may try to resend the email, once per minute for two or three days before giving up.

So while that message is in limbo on the sending server: The end user who sent it assumes that there is something wrong on our end. The recipient who expects it assumes that there is something wrong on our end. And the admin on the sender side does not find out that the problem is on their end, until several days later.

I guess it would be an adaptation of greylisting, where.
default unknown client/hostname = DEFER_IF_PERMIT

greyhostclient policy
firstseen timestamp for unknown client/hostname
greyhostclient_delay = 4h
return DEFER_IF_PERMIT during the 4h window.
Then after 4 hours, REJECT is returned instead.

Anything like that out there?

I meant reject_unknown_helo_hostname and reject_unknown_client_hostname.
Not the double listing of reject_unknown_client_hostname