Le 30/08/2010 11:19, Ralph Seichter a écrit :
On 29.08.10 21:40, Noel Jones wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to specify the map type in my example. It must be
either regexp: or pcre:.
No need for you to apologize. I feel quite silly, because you obviously
specifed a regular expression in your example, and I read it as such. I
don't know what made me specify a map type of 'hash'.

Alas, this does not work. The line

   /^...@server\.domain\.tld$/ joe

strips the domainpart just fine, but Postfix attempts a LMTP delivery to
j...@domain.tld. I assume this happens because of "myorigin = $mydomain".

don't try to generate non fqdn addresses. smtp and lmtp require a domain. any smtp/lmtp software that thinks otherwise is borked and must be fixed. if it has such simple bugs, it may have a lot more dangerous bugs.

As Victor pointed out, LMTP addresses need to be fully qualified, and
Postfix seems to refuse to be told otherwise -- which is correct. Maybe
something can be done on Dovecot's side.
are you saying dovecot lmtp implementation has such a bug?