Victor Duchovni put forth on 9/4/2010 7:33 AM:

> What do you mean by "filters"?

Spam filters in the form of table lookups and dnsbl queries.  I'm
currently processing

12,581  CIDRs
 1,568  regular expressions (PCRE)
     5  dnsbl lookups

per each inbound connection (assuming no hits).  Obviously a hit in a
table early on in the processing order is going to cut the time down.
I'm just wondering how much time is being consumed by processing all of
these and the lookup delays to the dnsbl servers.  Is it so small it's
irrelevant, or is it large enough it could become an issue as I add more
tables/entries and/or dnsbls, and inbound mail volume increases?  Say I
add another 20k CIDR or 1,500 more PCRE entries?

FYI this is an old dual CPU 500 MHz 32bit x86 machine.  Now you may
understand my concern about running large numbers of PCREs and CIDRs per
connection.  Even with these old CPUs, processing these tables may be a
piece of cake, I simply don't know.  That's why I'm asking.

It may be that all of this is a total non issue, and if so, I'd like to
know that.

Thanks.

--
Stan