"Ashwin Muni" <ashwin.m...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:aanlktimqqpcmm6f89ioamsjtavtmsn3p+gxs0db0i...@mail.gmail.com...
  I am using exchange  and want to migrate to postfix, The issue is users
should be authenticated from Active Directory and other thing is i have got
1000 users from which 150 users will remain on exchange and the rest mailboxes
will be created on postfix (Linux Box). the 750 users are actually not very
important.

                                     If user has mailbox in AD deliver in Ad

||=================(4)==========================================
  [                ][               ]=======(3)=<=========[
           ]                         [   v           ]
  (1)--> Port 25 ][ Postfix    ] Authentication from AD   [ Active Directory
Box] ===========[ Exchange]
  [                ][Linux Box ]==>===(2)=========== [
     ]                           [                ]
                         ||           Else Deliver on Postfix Machine
                       (5)
                   [     v                            ]
                   [ Storage on Linux Box ]
                   [                                  ]

  1. Mail Entering Postfix machien using Port 25
  2. Authentication from AD if user exists and mailbox location
  3  Results from AD
  4. If user on Mailbox on exchange then deliver to echange
  5. Else Deliver to postfix

  Any help appreciated.

  --
  Ashwin Muni
  http://www.linuxmaza.com

You have the option of sending all mail to Postfix.  You could then use an
application to pop the mail from Postfix to Exchange for the 150 users.

I have seen Windows admins pop mail from a hosted mail service to Exchange on
the LAN.

Would this work for you?

Would you be running Postfix on a LAN?