From: Mail Delivery System [mailto:mailer-dae...@mail.ourserver.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:45 PM
To: Postmaster
Subject: Postfix SMTP server: errors from mail.someserver.com[1.2.3.4]

Transcript of session follows.

 Out: 220 mail.myserver.com ESMTP Postfix
 In:  EHLO mail.someserver.com
 Out: 250-mail.myserver.com
 Out: 250-PIPELINING
 Out: 250-SIZE 26214400
 Out: 250-ETRN
 Out: 250-STARTTLS
 Out: 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
 Out: 250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN
 Out: 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
 Out: 250 8BITMIME
 In:  STARTTLS
 Out: 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS
 In:  EHLO mail.someserver.com
 Out: 250-mail.myserver.com
 Out: 250-PIPELINING
 Out: 250-SIZE 26214400
 Out: 250-ETRN
 Out: 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
 Out: 250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN
 Out: 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
 Out: 250 8BITMIME
 In:  MAIL From:<newslet...@somedomain.com> SIZE=28675
 Out: 250 2.1.0 Ok
 In:  RCPT To:<bla...@olddomain.com>
 Out: 451 4.3.5 Server configuration error
 Out: 421 4.7.0 mail.myserver.com: too many errors

Session aborted, reason: too many errors

For other details, see the local mail logfile
+++ snip1 +++

Trying to deliver a mail via telnet i get the following result:
+++ snip2 +++
$ telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to mail.myserver.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.myserver.com ESMTP Postfix
ehlo localhost
250-mail.myserver.com
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 26214400
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250 8BITMIME
mail from:<newslet...@somedomain.com>
250 2.1.0 Ok
rcpt to:<bla...@olddomain.com>
550 5.1.1 <bla...@olddomain.com>: Recipient address rejected: User
unknown in local recipient table
421 4.7.0 mail.myserver.com Error: too many errors
Connection closed by foreign host.
+++ snip2 +++

For now i've just configured postmaster to deliver -> /dev/null because
we were getting 100+ of these annoying messages per hour.

What have i done wrong and how can i prevent postfix from generating
these error messages?

Postfix version is 2.6.5

tia,
Michael