On 22/09/2010 13:40, Brian Pribis wrote:

Here is the virtual:

c...@letterpress.cc brian

brian is a real live unix account on this system, and mail does indeed
get to this account.

If I email from ANY MUA to c...@letterpress.cc  FROM
br...@boxcarpress.com and hit reply-all I get:
TO = br...@boxcarpress.com
CC = c...@letterpress.cc

If I use mail on freebsd and reply I get:
TO =  c...@letterpress.cc br...@boxcarpress.com

Once again, I am including the output of postconf -n (at the end)

I have read the documents and previously (until I commented everything
out) I had postfix working with spamassassin and clamav just fine.
Other then this one problem postfix was REALLY easy to set up, so I am
just floored this one issue is so hard to figure out.

Can you show us the headers, as received by the destination MUA, of four emails:

1. Sent from br...@boxcarpress.com to c...@letterpress.cc

2. Sent from br...@boxcarpress.com to brian @ whatever the "real" address of brian on the server is (ie, what you would send from the outside to get straight there, without an intervening forwarding step).

3 and 4. As above, but from a different sender address (one that is not in your domain and does not use your MX).

Mark
--
http://mark.goodge.co.uk