Does this go for a header field in which there's a space between the name and
the colon as well?  For example:

Sendmail, for example, corrects this and accepts it without starting the body
there.

I'm collecting enough of these results from open source and commercial MTAs
alike that I'll probably seek to publish a "best current practices" about it.

Thanks,
-MSK