On 12/20/10 4:29 PM, Ronald Klop wrote:
Hello,

I would like to have a program called when a message is delivered in a mailbox. I'm currently trying this with a filter, which gives me a race condition between real delivery and the moment my hook/filter runs.

That sounds wrong. Any of the available methods only deliver the message once, to the location you specify.
There should be no race conditions unless you are doing something wrong.

I (partly) understand I can do this with a 'maildrop' program, but would like to do it without having to recreate the bugs others have made while building my own maildrop program.

Um.. use a "maildrop"-like program. What bugs ?

Is there an easy way to do this?

You can use any LDA that can perform processing during delivery (dovecot deliver, courier maildrop, postfix local(8) can all do this). Optionally, for greater flexibility but added complexity, yuo could set up a transport(5) map with a pipe(8) transport.

Ronald,

--
J.