Le 28/12/2010 15:25, Jerry a écrit :
> On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 14:45:16 +0100
> Jeroen Geilman <jer...@adaptr.nl> articulated:
>
>> On 12/28/10 2:41 PM, mouss wrote:
>>>
>>> your postfix has support for AUTH. If you also have dovecot, then
>>> it's easier to use dovecot-auth. otherwise, use cyrus sasl.
>>
>> If he doesn't have dovecot, it is still easier than cyrus :)
>
> I have never had a problem with cyrus-sasl configuration and usage. I
> am presently using cyrus-sasl with mysql and it works flawlessly. I have
> had problems in the past with Dovecot and authentication when Dovecot
> was updated. I honestly don't remember the last time that I had to
> update cyrus though. In any case, I prefer to keep things isolated in a
> situation like this. It makes debugging easier, or at least for me it
> does.

on the other side, with cyrus-sasl, you are linking complex code with
postfix. with dovecot, only a small portion to implemented dovecot-auth
protocol is included.

so from a security and isolation viewpoint, dovecot-auth seems better to
me.

(my experience with cyrus sasl dates back to a long time. at the time,
debugging was a nightmare. the location of smtpd.conf was hardcoded, and
it was to be put with cyrus libraries, which was ugly. some distros used
to change this but that made finding it a first barrier to getting
things working. things have changed since then though).

> As a side note, there appears to be a problem on FreeBSD with the
> recent update of MySQL-5.5.8 and Postfix/Dovecot. I cannot confirm this
> since I have not updated to that version of MySQL as of yet myself.

nor did I, so I can't tell. I hope to "upgrade" to postgres instead;-p