On 1/4/11 8:32 PM, pf at alt-ctrl-del.org wrote:

The only rejects that I get calls or emails about are:
reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname,
reject_unknown_helo_hostname,
reject_unknown_client_hostname,

Don't blindly use that. It causes a LOT of false positives.

reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname

That's safer to use.

If these four rejects had individually configurable error text, it would help a lot.

Instead of Helo command rejected: Host not found, I could choose to return: Helo command rejected: Host not found; see example.tld?helo=somedomain.local

What would that tell the sender *admin* that he didn't already know ?
Note that information in SMTP logs and sessions is generally only read by, and therefore only useful to, system admins.

--
J.