Mark Martinec:
> I must be doing something silly, but I can't see my mistake.
>
> $ postconf postscreen_dnsbl_sites
> postscreen_dnsbl_sites = zen.spamhaus.org=127.0.0.[2,3,4..8,10..11]
>
> postfix/postscreen[26161]: fatal: bad DNSBL filter syntax: need "," or "]" at
> "127.0.0.[2><"

The problem is that the string ends in "[2".

As originally implemented in 2009, postscreen_dnsbl_sites uses the
comma as separator character. This was more than a year before the
pattern syntax was added, which uses comma as the "set" delimiter.

Of course I can't have an incompatible syntax change in a stable
release candidate, so this is going to require some workaround
(don't split on comma after open '[').

At least my effort to produce very precise syntax error reports
are paying off.