On 2/3/2011 11:53 AM, /dev/rob0 wrote:
On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 03:31:07PM +0100, Frank Bonnet wrote:
Just few words to say how postscreen is great !

The only drawback, which is minor from our point of view, but maybe
major for the DNSBL operators, is that every connection means a hit
on every DNSBL. Many of those were being blocked without any DNS
lookups at all, such as the non-FQDN or non-alpha HELO.

I was wondering about this also. Under the old setup I was seeing fewer request to the DNSBLs since zen and other checks were stopping the message first. When setup with prescreen, it's not checking known good clients on every connect, but checking all DNSBLs for new/bad connects. I would still expect the number of DNSBL queries to go down, but on my system I'm seeing an increase. Maybe they will start going down as more hosts are added to the white lists.

-Matt