On 6 mrt 2011, at 15:08, David Touzeau wrote:

>>> but it seems that postfix did not want to test the authentication
>>> method and pass it's rules trough subnet rules to finally refuse the
>>> connection with a "Client host rejected: Access denied"

[snip]

> smtpd_delay_reject = no

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_delay_reject

Here, most likely. Ran into something very similar last week, and this was the
cause.

I suspect that if you were to increase logging detail, you'd find that
'permit_sasl_authenticated' evaluates to zero during the client restrictions
stage because of a delay in getting back an answer from whatever SASL backend
you have in use. Postfix evaluates the rest of the client restrictions, and
denies you access.

Try setting 'smtpd_delay_reject' to yes, which is the default, and consolidate
all your restrictions under 'smtpd_recipient_restrictions' instead.

Cya,
Jona