Matthias Andree wrote:
Yes - you seem to be misunderstanding how SMTP works. See RFC5321 [1]
for an explanation; for delivery, it matters ONLY what's in the

I don't misunderstand in as much that I just barely ever had the need to use bcc.

RCPT TO:<destin@tion.address.example>

commands, not what's in the DATA section.

Yes I am aware of RFC5321. I assumed that since you add "cc:" and "subject:" in the DATA section the same goes for a "bcc:" list.

Would I need to issue separate "rcpt to:" commands in the same session to accomplish a bcc? If I try that then postfix does not remove the bcc'ed addresses.

However, if I issue multiple "rcpt to:" commands AND then add an empty "bcc:" header field after DATA.

Am I correct into thinking this then is the correct procedure of sending bcc emails using postfix?

Thanks,
Jeroen

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/