On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Noel Jones <njo...@megan.vbhcs.org> wrote:

> On 4/26/2011 3:00 AM, Fire walls wrote:
>

>>   Had been reading a postfix manuals and info from Internet.
>>
>>   I'm running spam server with FreeBSD 8.2 + Postfix 2.8.x,
>> single domain.
>>
>>   Internet -->spam server--> mail server -->Internal Network.
>>
>>   The gateway is working, but I still doing changes to block
>> most of the spam that touch my server, I'm working right now
>> just with Postfix, latter I will continue with clamais,amavis,sa.
>>
>>   Now, I want to use the smtpd_recipient_restrictions ->
>> reject_rbl_client blackholes.
>>
>> I want to enable zen spamhaus org
>>
>>   But once I reload or restart Postfix, the function of this
>> feature is to check if the from is in the list right?
>>
>> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>>         permit_mynetworks,
>>         reject_unauth_destination,
>>         reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
>>         reject_non_fqdn_sender,
>>         reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
>>         reject_invalid_hostname,
>>         reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname,
>>         reject_unknown_sender_domain,
>>         reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
>>         check_recipient_access
>> pcre:/usr/local/etc/postfix/recipient_checks.pcre,
>>         check_helo_access
>> hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/helo_checks,
>>         check_sender_access
>> hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/sender_checks,
>>         check_client_access
>> hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/client_checks,
>>         reject_rbl_client zen spamhaus org,
>>

> It must have periods in it,
>
>         reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org
>
> Without the periods it will create an error in your maillog. If there is no
> error, then either this isn't the config you're really using, or one of your
> earlier rules is returning OK or permit.
>
> My settings  have period,I just remove from here,sorry:

reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org
check_policy_service inet:192.168.40.5:10023

>          check_policy_service inet:192 168 40 5:10023,
>>

> Does this policy service work as expected?  It doesn't have any periods in
> the IP address and should also generate an error.
>
> Yes,works.

>          permit
>>
>> But my log don't show any info about went postfix check
>> spamhaus, my fw won't show any blocks.
>>

> Next time show us "postconf -n" output rather than random snippings.
>
> Enable query logging in your DNS server to see if spamhaus.org lookups are
> being performed.
>

> If I test the domain in my dns server an resolve without issue.

dig spamhaus.org

>> Next,for a gateway spam server, the _rbl_client is better to
>> be in the smtpd_recipients_restrictions?
>>

> Most people put it in smtpd_recipient_restrictions, just after
> reject_unauth_destination and an optional check_client_access whitelist.
>

> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>  permit_mynetworks
>  reject_unauth_destination
> # uncomment next line if you need a client whitelist
> # check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/client_whitelist.cidr
>
>  reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org
>  ... other local restrictions ...
>

> where the optional client_whitelist contains IPs of clients you want mail
> from that might otherwise be rejected by zen (or other local rules).
>

>  -- Noel Jones

I want to add, that I can receive mails from know outside users and they
pass all the rules but never see my server check the spamhaus.org or my
default log level won't show them?

Peter I will remove some checks, I have a lot.

Thanks!!!

--
:-)